Java Developer (Agile)
Java Developer (with a willingness to learn Scala) Agile / XP tooling, Farnham Surrey - 50k - 56k, Monday - Friday. Close to Train Station or parking available on site.
Dynamic and fast growing company........
Key Accountabilities for the Java (Scala) Developer:
- Takes responsibility for design, development, unit testing and delivery of complex information systems from supplied specifications and or working with Product, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Drive continuous improvement through code reviews, system design and ensures adherence to clean & secure coding standards
- Promptly escalates issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant programming languages, tools and frameworks
- Maintain continuous integration systems and delivery tooling
Essential criteria for the Java (Scala) Developer:
- Excellent technical skills with a focus on software craftsmanship and clean coding
- A pragmatic approach to software delivery
- Knowledge of Agile / XP tooling, techniques and processes
- Knowledge of testing techniques and frameworks with exposure to TDD/BDD or acceptance testing
- Experience of up to date development methodologies, standards and design patterns
- Experience of source control systems (Git preferable)
- Experience of build tools (SBT, NPM, Gradle, Maven etc)
- In-depth knowledge of REST services
Desirable criteria for the Java (Scala) Developer:
- Experience of web development in either AngularJS, Angular or React
- Knowledge of Play or other Scala microservice frameworks
- Experience of using the Atlassian toolset – Jira, Confluence
- Experience using MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience in deployment and maintenance of Linux based servers
- Knowledge of scripting languages – e.g. Ruby, Python, Groovy
The successful applicant will be working as a cross functional developer in an Agile environment. They will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies built on top of the latest versions of Scala, Java and AngularJS. This unique position is required to make a real-world difference to the delivery and evolution of care management.
The ideal candidate will have diverse technical experience in building and enhancing high-availability web application systems. They should have core skills in Scala or Java (with a willingness to learn Scala) and be comfortable in developing in both functional and object-orientated methodologies where applicable. Experience in Netty, Akka and Elasticsearch would be extremely beneficial to this role.
Experience in Agile/XP environments is key for this role and demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with Agile practices such as BDD and TDD is highly desirable as is the ability to focus on clean design and simple code.Please only apply if you have the above experience in Scala or Java....
If this sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
CAREER OUTLOOK REGRETS THAT THEY CAN ONLY CONTACT SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77562098