Platform System Engineer
Platform System Engineer
General Dynamics UK is looking for engineers to be part of an exciting new programme for the Ministry of Defence that will modernise the existing tactical mobile network for the British Armed Forces. The programme delivers new capability and performance of the computing, communications and situational awareness for the soldier.
The programme will develop and deliver a new system based on an open tactical CIS architecture that integrates existing and new communication products. The system includes specification and procurement of software and hardware products as well as development of new hardware and software products and software interfaces to open up the existing tactical CIS system to support reduced integration effort and cost while enabling the system for future evolution with new technology and capability.
To meet this challenge, General Dynamics UK is looking for Engineering and Project Managers, System Architects, Systems Engineers, Platform Engineers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to work on the development, integration and test of the system and products.
Working within a Multi-Disciplined engineering team, following an agile development methodology to deliver the System Engineering aspects of the programme. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Platform Fits from a high level requirement for numbers of personnel, radio requirement and user roles, captured in terms of PSDs and BOMs
- Equipment Installation concepts and Guidelines, including:
- Suitability of equipment and VIKs to operate in Military Vehicle Environments (Shock & Vib, Temp humidity, EMC etc)
- Size, Weight and Power analysis
- Analysis of legacy cable designs to support new electrical interface standards adopted by the new equipment designs
- Reuse of legacy IKEE and AKEE
- Cable specification for analogue, Ethernet and power
- Plus engaging with the Multi-Disciplines team to ensure that speciality inputs are considered and necessary SE outputs meet these discipline requirements:
- Human Factors
- WLC Modelling
Experience in a number of the following areas:
- Military Platform Installations or Vehicle Design
- Cable Specification and Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Personal Attributes
- Self Starter
- Team Member and Leader
- Attention to Detail
- System Thinker
- DOORS Requirements Management
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience of product or system design experience
- Relevant Professional qualifications, for example: Registered Project Professional/Chartered Engineer
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.