Technician for Food Technology - Birmingham - ASAP 2017
Technician for Food Technology
Design & Technology
Head of Faculty for Design & Technology
To provide practical and administrative support for the teaching of Food Technology and Hospitality.
This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the post and does not describe in detail all tasks which may be required.
* To provide ingredients, and materials for lessons and projects.
* To assist teachers and students during food technology lessons.
* To support groups of students to carry out the practical lesson, as directed by food technology teaching staff.
* To prepare display materials and equipment for open evenings, and to clear away.
* To assist with food preparation for whole school events, when appropriate.
* To keep sinks and worktops clean to the standards required by the food technology teacher:
* To keep stock rooms and equipment clean, tidy and in good order, including cookers.
* To maintain aprons in a serviceable condition.
* Under the supervision of the Head of Faculty, maintain stock cupboards by raising orders, receiving equipment and materials and purchasing of ingredients for practical lessons.
* To carry out all washing of items for the Design and Technology department.
* To carry out administrative tasks for the Design and Technology department - filing, photocopying, stock-taking etc.
* To devise appropriate payment procedures in respect of payments for ingredients by students linked to the ordering of ingredients for the curriculum.
* To assist with the process of sourcing suppliers and the continued development of suitable ingredient suppliers.
If you feel you have the right credentials for this role then please make contact - Wayne @ Academics on 0121 616 7610
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77554784