Lead Commissioning Engineer
JOB TITLE: Lead Commissioning Engineer
LOCATION: Home Based - Multi Locations within Midlands - UK/EU Travel
SALARY: c£55k + Uplift c£65k
BENEFITS: Car, Bupa, 25 Days + Stats, Fringe benefits
Due to continuing success, our client a Global leader synonymous with innovative design & implementation of cutting edge PLC controlled automation systems, is now urgently seeking an experienced Lead Commissioning Engineer with the ability to successfully develop and support a rapidly growing international team, responsible for the commissioning of controls equipment within cost, time and quality constraints at various installation sites across UK and Europe.
Typically, as Lead Commissioning Engineer, you will be responsible for providing front line service & system design for a wide range of clients.
Principal Accountabilities of Lead Commissioning Engineer:
- Undertake a Team leading activities overseeing a team of Commissioning Engineer's & Technicians for successful project delivery (installation team size of up to 10)
- Responsible for planning area's and ensuring all activities and commissioning progress adheres to project schedules and task plans.
- Play an active role in the design process, implement and support hardware/software solutions when required.
- Identify and manage the rectifications of any software, hardware and electrical faults.
- To produce documentation to support design including Functional Design, Testing specifications, commissioning plans and training.
- Actively develop Commissioning Engineers' and Commissioning Technicians.
- Background in engineering with relevant HNC/Degree
- Ability to man-manage small teams on site and lead successful project delivery taking responsibility of all communications and site based liaisons.
- Previous experience of commissioning and testing in an industrial environment i.e. Baggage Handling Systems, Automated Warehouse Solutions, Packaging, Conveyor systems or Materials Handling Equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of PLC software using one or more PLC & SCADA systems (Siemens, Rockwell or Mitsubishi), not limited to Hardware, Networking concepts & hardware & industrial drives.
- Flexible to undertake UK/EU travel (Average 60% +)
Real career prospects exist in this expanding sector of the engineering services market, joining a dynamic company who offer modern facilities and individual investment. Commutable within the following areas: Coventry, Leicester, Birmingham, Bicester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Buckingham, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Daventry, Rugby, Nottingham & not limited to Home based options for Manchester, Liverpool.
All applications for this position must be eligible to live and work unrestricted in the UK - Vanilla Recruitment are unable to assist with the award of Visas of UK Work Permits at this time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77585854