SUPPORT WORKERS, The Grange, RESIDENTIAL CARE SERVICE
We are seeking to recruit Support Workers for our 16-person Residential Care service set in a three friendly small group homes on a beautiful site in Bookham.
The Grange is a friendly and welcoming organisation supporting people with disabilities to achieve their potential and live independent and fulfilling lives. We are a charity, a social enterprise and a housing association offering high-quality Supported Living and Residential Care services. Our 8-acre site with Walled Garden enables us to offer a wide-ranging programme of Skills & Activities and work experience. You could find yourself driving people to the shops, cooking lunch or even supporting people at a concert.
About the Role
We are looking for Support Workers to work with people with disabilities who live in accommodation on our beautiful site in Bookham. The job involves working alongside people to help them live as independently as possible and have as much choice as possible about what they do.
You will have a friendly nature and enjoy working with people. You need flexibility to work shifts covering the hours 07.30 – 13.30 and 14.30 – 21.30, including alternate weekends. Full-time employees provide sleep-in cover on a regular basis (2-3 times per month) for which you receive additional pay of £32.50 per sleep-in.
About You – Essential
- Friendly, caring, patient
- Sense of humour
- Ability to drive Grange vehicles
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shifts and rotas
- Basic administrative and IT skills
- 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual salary review
- Extensive internal training programme
- Opportunity to study for NVQs
- Pay rise on completion of NVQs after probation