Software Engineer / Senior Firmware Engineer (Java, C, C++, C#)
Software Engineer / Senior Firmware Engineer
Java, C, C++, C#, or SQL
Excellent Salary + Excellent Benefits Package and Genuine Opportunities for Career Advancement
Based in Poole
**An excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer with experience of specifying, designing and coding embedded software in Java, C, C++, C#, or SQL to join a global market leading supplier of transportation systems**
The Company – Software Engineer, Java, C, C++, C#, or SQL
My client is a leader in a wide range of technologies, and is part of a world leading technology group with representation in over one hundred countries worldwide and an enviable product portfolio which incorporates domestic, commercial, industrial, medical and corporate sectors. Their business is built upon substantial investment in ‘start of the art’ manufacturing facilities, innovative product development, the recruitment of good people and a long-term commitment to Research and Development.
The Role - Software Engineer, Java, C, C++, C#, or SQL
As the UK market leader in traffic solutions, my client designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of traffic management products internationally. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport priority and car park guidance systems. Our solutions enhance road safety and improve the traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas. With ever-increasing emphasis on improving transport and reducing congestion, they are a growing business employing around 800 people throughout the UK.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join a talented and enthusiastic embedded software development team working on varied projects shaping future intelligent traffic systems. You will design, code, test and maintain (full product lifecycle) on embedded ARM devices either independently or within multi-skilled cross-departmental project teams (i.e. including Software and Hardware engineers). You will take ownership of designs and project deliverables and will need to be able to take the initiative in analyzing and solving issues. Your skills in C coupled with a working knowledge of one or more OO based languages such as C++ or Java will be developed over a range of product areas from deeply embedded communication and control systems through to connected and autonomous vehicle communications.
What are my responsibilities?
- Specify, design and code embedded software to meet requirements and system designs
- Comply with coding standards and follow secure/high-integrity coding approaches
- Lead the identification, monitoring and control of project related risks
- Provide input to technical peer reviews of system designs, others module designs and code
- Provide input on business improvement (process, products, methodologies etc)
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- Significant experience in design and coding of firmware for embedded systems especially control systems and/or safety systems (essential)
- The ability to routinely communicate effectively and negotiate with internal and external colleagues (essential)
- The ability to take responsibility for authoring technical documents or sections of complex technical documents and proposals. Able to provide constructive criticism on documents written by others, identifying omissions and weaknesses. Able to understand and summarise written technical information (essential)
- The ability to routinely identify alternative approaches to challenging problems, selecting the most appropriate methods without guidance (essential)
- The ability to plan work streams and to meet pre-defined deadlines, regularly showing a high level of productivity. Prioritisation of complex tasks, providing accurate and timely status reports. Able to balance multi-streamed project tasks with personal and strategic activities (essential)
- Demonstrable experience in a production engineering environment (essential)
- Specific experience in working with Serial Protocols and working at the physical level with oscilloscopes and analysers is particularly important for this role
- Experience in working to coding standards plus secure coding techniques and high integrity systems would be an advantage
- The opportunity to lead and coordinate small project teams while reporting on and controlling spend and milestones is available should you also have these skills
The Benefits - Software Engineer, Java, C, C++, C#, or SQL
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class organisation. You will be joining an international company with an excellent reputation for product innovation and who aim to build upon long term relationships with customers. You will receive constant support from senior management and your technical knowledge will be furthered through training courses. For those with the desire there are opportunities to progress your career into more technical specialist roles.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77551787