Security Systems Installations & Maintenance Engineer
Are you an experienced Installations Engineer with Service and repair expertise?
Have you been responsible for the installation of security systems including intruder, CCTV and Access control?
Do you have bags of personality and the ability to work within both the domestic and commercial markets?
We are currently helping a rapidly expanding Company to source "the best" engineers available within this arena.
Working for a division of a large organisation, the Company is rapidly expanding and building a reputation for quality and technical ability.
The role offers a wide variety of duties from the completion of site surveys, drawing up secifications, giving quotations and then the installation of various security systems, CCTV and access control technology.
The successful candidate will also carry out preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to time scale. The Company offers a 24 hour emergency cover and to provide a 4 hour response so the role will entail call out to which you will be rewarded for your flexibility and efforts.
- Covering a main geographical area of Reading with occasional travel across areas and the UK.
- The provision of the highest level of customer service to maintain and increase contact base.
- Fault finding repair and prevention.
- Management and investigation and prevention of false activations.
- To ensure that the installation meets customer, health & safety and statutory requirements.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both the contracted and non-contracted customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers to install the appropriate devices; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by the customer
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, stock vehicles or company equipment.
- Calling customers to advise time of arrival.
- Report any changes, deficiencies or deviations in systems to Manager.
- Service and repair intruder alarm systems & complete Engineer work reports
- Promote company image at all times.
- Specifying and quoting for new installations
- Any other duties in line with the post.
To carry out the role you will be exemplary at customer service, enjoy being a self starter and driven by ensuring an excellent end result.
Have a professional approach and willingness to be flexible with hours in order to meet customer demand.
It is likely that the successful candidate will have:
- 2 Years+ Within a Security Systems Installation Role
- Demonstrable experience for Service & Repair
- Experience with Wired & Wireless systems
- CCTV & Access knowledge is preferable
- A wide range of Intruder Alarm Manufacturer experience is preferable
- Appropriate experience in a customer facing environment
- Demonstrate a successful track record of achievement
- Sales, Specifying, Surveying, Quotation Experience is desirable
- Preferable to possess sound electrical knowledge and have proven background through recognised apprenticeship or hold similar qualification.
- Preferable Knowledge of intruder alarm standards i.e. BS4737 EN50131, PD6662, DD243, BS8243.
- Desirable knowledge of CCTV and Access Control Standards
- Must hold a full clean driving license.
- Ability to lift, carry and climb ladders. To carry equipment, i.e. cameras etc. up and down ladders ensuring conformance to health and safety requirements.
- Ability to use power tools to repair and / or dismantle equipment.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Recognised qualification within a technical area (desirable).
Does this sound like you? If so then contact me now to discuss this excellent opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77580503