Blacks - Multi-Channel Assistant Merchandiser
JD Sports Fashion PLC, Edinburgh House, Hollinsbrook Way, Pilsworth, Bury, BL9 8RR
40 Hours Per Week
To ensure products are kept in stock on the website at all times, and that new product is launched onto the site accurately. To support the Merchandiser with a basic understanding of on-site merchandising and reporting.
- Approve new products into the web platform, and investigate products that are not approving correctly.
- Send products for photography and monitor progress - liaising with the studio to chase delayed, missing or incorrect images.
- Daily report of products live on site, and products in stock but not live.
- Liaise with Core Buying/Merchandising teams to track price changes and intake of new or best-selling products, and report to the team.
- Maintain web reserved stock (IRI's) based on weekly cover and upcoming marketing activity, as instructed by Merchandiser / Senior Merchandiser.
- Process stock back from stores for web (Fast Tracks) as instructed by Merchandiser / Senior Merchandiser.
- Develop accurate product knowledge through the completion of video training and store visits.
- Understand category best-sellers online and in stores.
- Daily checks on all channels for broken or incorrect banner or page links.
- Respond to Outdoor Content questions regarding stock availability.
- Develop competitor awareness and support the Merchandiser in monitoring competitor activity.
- Proof-read marketing emails for accurate links to desktop and mobile.
- Suggest suitable products for special offers, price changes, and promotions.
- Report sales from Marketplaces (eBay, Amazon etc) as required.
- Awareness of merchandising cocktails and business rules and how to apply them.
- Creation of up sell and cross sell rules.
- Basic Google Analytics reports on sales trends by category and brand.
- Holiday cover for key Merchandiser tasks
Skills and Experience
- Workload management - the ability to work efficiently as part of a team and ensure that essential core tasks are completed on time, alongside short term goals.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to report figures accurately and confidently, with insight into trends or patterns.
- Good use of Microsoft Excel and Word to create and distribute reports.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or similar website analysis tools.
- Experience within a Multi Channel environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Outdoor Industry would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Key Deliverables - Year One
- Complete our in-house Myagi video training course - full support will be given.
- Be able to communicate confidently with the Multi Channel and Core teams.
- Seek out opportunities to learn new skills and gain knowledge of the industry.
- Understand visual merchandising across multiple channels, and how to affect it.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77525380