Teacher of Music
Teacher of music (full or part time) required from January 2018 or sooner if possible
Your new school
Ashcroft High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 1245 students. We were judged to be good with outstanding leadership and management by Ofsted in October 2013. Our students come from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds; this diversity creates an interesting range of exciting opportunities and educational challenges.
The school's work is based on the values expressed in our school motto:
- A learning community
- Driven by high expectations
- Respect for all
At Ashcroft High School we are looking for talented teachers who are able to make a strong contribution to the faculty and to the school as a whole. This is an excellent school to begin your teaching career at, and in which to take your first step into middle leadership or to extend your leadership experience via a focus on whole-school improvement.
All staff are provided with laptops, the school has very generous ICT facilities and a well-established learning platform.
Your new role
Required as soon as possible, we are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of music who will contribute to raising attainment in the faculty and across the school. This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified teacher or experienced teacher seeking a fresh challenge.
What you'll need to succeed
- be an outstanding teacher with the ability to model best practice in the classroom.
- be innovative and a strategic thinker, able to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice.
- have a proven track record in raising standards and achievement in Music
- have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with students and colleagues.
What you'll get in return
- a high achieving school with students regularly achieving above expected outcomes
- a friendly and supportive group of colleagues
- a school that has recently undergone and £18 million building programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77567970