SUPPORT WORKERS – SUPPORTED LIVING
We are recruiting up to four Support Workers for our friendly Supported Living service, helping people with learning disabilities live as independently as they can. You need to be friendly and patient with a good sense of humour. We provide full training.
The Grange is a friendly and welcoming organisation supporting people with disabilities to achieve their potential and live independent and fulfilling lives. We are a charity, a social enterprise and a housing association offering high-quality Supported Living and Residential Care services alongside a wide-ranging programme of Day Skills and work experience.
About the Role
You might find yourself accompanying someone to a medical appointment, involving them in choosing healthy menus or just talking to them about a problem.
You do not need formal qualifications to be a Support Worker as we will provide full training and help you qualify for your Care Certificate. This qualification is nationally recognised. You need a friendly nature and must enjoy working with people. You also need flexibility to work shifts covering the hours 07.30 -13.30 or 14.30 - 21.30, including alternate weekends.
Full-time employees provide sleep-in cover on a regular basis (2-3 times per month) for which you receive additional pay of £32.50 per sleep-in.
About You – Essential
- Good people skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable approach to shifts and rotas
- Some administrative and IT skills
- Ability to drive Grange vehicles
- Experience of working with adults with learning difficulties
- Diploma Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual salary review
- Extensive internal training programme
- Pay rise on completion of NVQ after probation