Menswear Designer - jersey/lifestyle
My Client are looking for an experienced designer, who is aware of men's lifestyle, sportswear and streetwear culture. They will then be able to adapt this passion and knowledge to their designs. Working with the Sales Manager in creating strong seasonal ranges from concept through to production and you will be accountable for designing commercial, innovative and cohesive ranges working to a product brief and target price points for the in house brands and client requirements
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A 10 MONTH MATERNITY CONTRACT STARING EARLY 2018
- Work with the Sales Manager in creating strong seasonal ranges from concept through to production and will be accountable for designing commercial, innovative and cohesive ranges working to a product brief and target price points for the in house brands and client requirements. In addition you will be responsible for ensuring that the product/sample deadlines are met. The ideal candidate will have 4 years' experience in a similar role and have strong CAD skills.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research, shop reports, collate Internet prediction information to keep up to date with any new trends and innovations throughout UK and Europe.
- Liaise with country managers and key sales teams to be commercially aware of local markets.
- Attend key trade exhibitions to analyse trends and competitors.
- Respond to latest commercial industry developments.
- Create commercial colour palettes and seasonal key stories.
- Creative, innovative and commercial SS and AW ranges in line with a product brief and target price points.
- Ensure all product department corporate calendar deadlines are met.
- Prepare for all meetings with artwork, colour and initial design ideas.
- You must have 2-3 years' experience in a Clothing design role - ideally sportswear.
- Strong print and graphic design skills would be advantageous.
- Excellent working knowledge of Illustrator.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Creativity to push the range in the right direction following and translating current trends.
- Commercial garment construction knowledge.
- Understanding of the sportswear market and competitors.
- Good attention to detail.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77587898