Software Test Engineer
Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to join their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Software Test Engineer
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
As our Software Test Engineer you will specify, develop, maintain and run automated and manual test suites for the Linx range of coding and marking products. Research and prototype new technologies and methods to improve the test process. Linx products include mechanical, electronic, software and ink jet printing components.
Software Test Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of test suites for embedded software and complementary technologies for Linx Printers
- Continuous improvement of software test process using latest methodologies
- Active participation in the software development process
Software Test Engineer - Requirements:
- BSc (2:1 or 1st) / MSc in Computer Science, Maths or Physical Sciences Degree
- ISEB / ISTQB certification preferred
- 2 or more year’s professional software test experience working in an Embedded multi-discipline, agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally self-motivated, inquisitive, creative and enjoys operating in a team environment.
- Can plan, develop and deliver effective test programmes to agreed timescales
- Self-Learning, problem solving skills as and when they appear
Software Test Engineer - Experience of the following:
- Creating and maintaining test environments. Continuation improvement in test processes, Automated testing
- Development of test requirements for embedded real time systems
- Analysing test results, file defects and track them until closure
- Experience in RTOS’s, embedded Linux, scripting languages. Experience in analysing test results, file defects and track them until closure
- Good understanding of STLC and defect life cycle
- Experience in the User Interface, embedded application testing
- Experience in requirement analysis, automated tests, defect tracking, and efficient test execution would be desirable
To submit your CV for this exciting Software Test Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Test Engineer, Software Tester, Junior Software Tester, Senior Test Analyst or as a Junior Tester.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77569440