Software / Firmware Tester
Software / Firmware Tester
A leading heat interface unit equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Software / Firmware Tester to join their team.
As a Software / Firmware Tester, you will be involved in the quality assurance stage of software and firmware development and deployment. You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
Ultimately the Software / Firmware Tester role is key for finding bugs and issues within a product before it gets deployed to the final users.
You will be part of the R&D team, constantly working on the next generation of products. The Software / Firmware Tester will need to be, or become, familiar with programming and using coding languages, assessing code is one part of the role.
You must enjoy finding and fixing bugs in programming and coding.
- Test firmware feature following test procedures and writing test result reports
- Carrying out tests for new components
- Meeting with system users to understand the scope of projects
- Working with software developers and project support teams
- Monitoring applications and software systems
- Stress testing
- Performance testing
- Functional testing
- Running manual and automated tests
- Testing in different environments including web and mobile
- Writing bug reports
- Reviewing documentation
- Working towards departmental and project deadlines
- Quality assurance
- Providing objective feedback to software development project teams
- Problem solving
- Presenting findings to software development and business user teams
- Working on multiple projects at one time
- Communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Test and analysis of returned devices and liaising with supplier for replacements.
- Degree in computer science or IT
- Electrical engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Competent technical skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
- A passion for technology.
- Program configuration and fault findings
- Problem Solving attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Desire to learn and understand mechanical and firmware operation
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work and learn individually
About the Company
The company specialise in providing integrated communal heating solutions and a comprehensive support package including energy metering, billing and a revenue management service. With more than 12 years of experience in the Communal/District heating market, they have been involved in the design and supply of equipment for many projects for both private and social housing schemes.
How to applyPlease apply here and our client will be in direct contact.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77556210