SENIOR RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
We work in a collaborative Agile environment where you will be working with different departments to come up with the best possible solutions. Product ownership discipline is also being developed to create highly efficient product teams.
Our development approach is a continuously evolving one as we embrace new technologies and if it makes sense for the business, then we use it. We always start with Open source tech and encourage community interaction. If we can add something to the community, we will.
Our new Tech stack includes Ruby, Rails 5, React.js, Redis, Ansible, Postgres. We are going to be using Action Cable and other new features in our products
There is always an opportunity to learn new skills, explore new tech and to mentor junior developers. Pair programming is encouraged.
The kind of person we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will be great with people, have excellent communication skills and be able to multi-task efficiently. They will work under pressure using their own initiative or as part of a team, with a creative approach to problem solving. You will also be a self-starter, if necessary flexible in your approach to work and hours required to complete the task in hand.
- Significant commercial experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in designing, developing and implementing creative, innovative and technically leading solutions
- Responsible for implementing new architecture to support our products
- Working with members of the business at all levels, to formulate technical solutions to meet business needs
- Experience working in Agile teams and in a TDD approach
- Producing good quality, well-structured code. Always thinking about performance
- Great communication skills talking to varying parts of the business and translating that into development speak
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77570510