Linux Systems Administrator NOC Start-up
Linux Systems Administrator / NOC Engineer (Linux Puppet Nagios TCP/IP) Multiple Roles. Opportunity to join a disruptive technology start-up that is founded by a team of proven tech entrepreneurs.
As a Linux Systems Administrator / NOC Engineer you will join a newly formed team responsible for ensuring optimum service availability and performance; provision of customer network services on core equipment and support services for the technical teams. The focus of the role will be on 24/7 monitoring of performance and providing the initial response for all incidents in the multi-site UK datacentre infrastructure. You’ll work in conjunction with 2nd line engineers to escalate and resolve issues.
This Linux Systems Administrator / NOC Engineer presents an excellent opportunity to work with a modern tech stack, you’ll be working with a range of tools and technologies and will be encouraged to learn and continually improve your skillset.
Offices based in the City with a sociable, collaborative team environment with casual dress code. Excellent career growth opportunities.
- Strong Linux skills
- Familiar with automation tools like Salt Stack, Puppet or Ansible
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Nagios or Zabbix
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Basic understanding of routing and switching
- Virtualization like VmWare, Xen, Qemu
- Positive, pro-active approach, able to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Aptitude and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible – able to work a 24/7 rota
- Desirable: AWS, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, scripting (Perl, Python, bash), networking, load balancing
As a Linux Systems Administrator / NOC Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £40k) plus benefits.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for an informal discussion about this Linux Systems Administrator / NOC Engineer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77539217