This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted Number 9 in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017, and Number 13 in Europe! We have over 420 stores and over 260 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Trading Analyst to work at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. You will be the key finance contact for the Trading and Product Supply Teams
• You will analyse trading performance
- Analyse weekly trading sales and margin and supply chain reports, highlighting any issues, performing analysis to understand trends and formulating action plans with the trading team to mitigate areas of under-performance.
- Support ad hoc requests from buyers to facilitate a weekly trading meeting.
- Provide trading reports for executive meetings and board.
- Support buyers in understanding of historical sales and margin performance to build forward looking forecasts
- Challenge traders on robustness of forecast, outlining key risk and opportunities
- Analyse the performance of current and previous ranges, develop insights and challenge buyers on their plans for new ranges.
- Review performance of range optimisation projects post implementation.
- Analyse Pets at Home sales data in conjunction with market data to understand Pets at Home market share and trading position vs the market.
- Define metrics and tracking mechanisms from day 1 of all projects.
- Build tracking reports.
- Develop insights and share with the trading team.
- You will be a partly qualified Accountant (CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in a commercial finance role is desirable, preferably within retail
- You will have strong Excel skills with experience of using Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables and graphs.
- You will have a high attention to detail.
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment.
- You will be a strong team player with the ability to work with other teams to build strong collaborative relationships.
- Salary up to £25k, dependent upon experience.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday leave, 1 day extra leave to celebrate your birthday.
- Pensions – You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
- Life Assurance.
- Charity leave – you are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby.
- Free car parking.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77554924