Phoenix Forums is an independent conference company, specialised in the European Energy sector. We create, promote and deliver high quality technical conferences for the smart grid engineering community. Our focus is on delivering excellence, building long term client relationships, and ensuring outstanding levels of customer satisfaction. Our team of 6 are all self-starters, high achievers, keen learners, with an abundance of energy and enthusiasm.
We are now searching for a like-minded conference producer to join our team in January 2018, to produce a series of 6 technically focused smart grid conferences per year.
The role involves:
- Market research – carrying out qualitative research via depth interviews with a sample of the conference target market to identify technology trends, implementation and operation issues, and translating these into commercially viable conference programmes
- Copy writing – writing in a variety of styles ranging from technical programme content, to persuasive marketing copy, directive sales and marketing briefings, and analytical project progress reports
- Speaker acquisition – identifying, profiling and inviting high level engineering speakers from the electric utility sector, briefing them on content requirements and reviewing and approving their presentations prior to onsite delivery
- Project management – driving project progress to ensure on time and on budget delivery through effective time, risk and team management. Acting as the main point of contact onsite at the conference and representing the company in the most professional and customer focused manner
- Relationship management – engaging and managing relationships with key speakers, sponsors, association and media representatives to create long term win-win partnerships and opportunities
- Productivity management – ensuring that the target of 6 conferences per year is achieved whilst meeting quality and profitability objectives
Progression of this role is to Conference Director within 2-3 years, whereby you will continue to produce 2 events directly, and topic generate for, recruit, train and manage 2 conference producers. Please note that progression to these timelines is dependent on the employee achieving the required level of competence in their current role, as well as on business growth objectives being met.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2:1 degree or higher in a Technology/Engineering related subject
- 2-3 years’ experience in a commercial conference role
- Strong intellect, with the ability to switch between analytical and creative thinking
- Insightful problem solving; pragmatically anticipating and mitigating risk
- Clear communication; able to inform and influence in both written and verbal form
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to engage and lead stakeholders at all levels
- Ambitious and tenacious; able to tolerate short term discomfort for long term reward