Engineering Planner Required - Davidstow, Cornwall
Fixed term contract until June 2018
Purpose of Job.
- The basic purpose of this job is to organise, plan and prepare detail individual engineering tasks, in order that they can be executed by others in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- The job holder will also be responsible for monitoring, analysing and improving the effectiveness of completed engineering tasks in terms of time / cost, plant performance, compliance to plans and data integrity
- Organization, Assistance and control of every day contractor activities.
- Scheduling of service visits to maintain plant and systems plus administration of contracts
- Management of Compliance inspection/systems.
- Organize Fork lift services/inspections to ensure compliance and system administration
- Assistance to Engineering store with parts procurement
Nature & Scope of the JobWork planning
- Uses strong planning and organisation skills to provide detailed maintenance plans to maximise plant performance whilst ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Produces regular maintenance plans for Engineering teams, including review and development of planned maintenance tasks.
- Attends Daily and Weekly Engineering Meetings to ensure all issues are captured and that corrective actions are in place.
- Uses strong analytical skills to produce reports focused on reducing equipment downtime, minimising work order backlog and ensuring schedule compliance.
- Provides Maintenance Coordinator with detailed compliance reports including analysis of cost and performance.
- Produces Work backlog analysis and make suggestions for effective management.
- Conducts analysis of work order history and develop planned maintenance activities to optimise plant performance.
- Provides significant support to engineering teams, producing documentation and system administration as required.
- Conducts regular reviews of the CMMS to ensure current standards and that Work Orders are properly closed down.
- Maintains task & instruction data integrity within CMMS System.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Coordinator for development and improvement of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Directly supports Engineering teams through training and coaching to maximise utilisation of the CMMS.
- Provides a strong input into engineering continuous improvement process
Principal AccountabilitiesDecision Making Authority
- Responsible for making changes to maintenance priorities via communication with Engineering managers, specialists, FLMs, production planning & others.
- Responsible for proposing improvements to planned maintenance activities.
- Responsible for allocating engineering resources and planning work schedules.
- The shift engineers are tasked with executing the preventative maintenance plan and other planned tasks.These activities will have been organised and prepared by the maintenance planner and the jobholder therefore requires strong interpersonal and influencing skills in order to ensure that the planned workload is correctly balanced against short-term production needs.
- The maintenance planner’s input to ensuring the required high levels of availability of plant and equipment is very significant.
- Engineering scorecard measures- Reactive v Preventative, Maintenance Labour Utilisation and compliance to PPM Schedule
- ESAT Audit Results for section Planning & Preparation and Maintenance Execution
- Planned Downtime schedules
- Implementation of maintenance best practices from across group
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Strong engineering qualifications and background essential - probably through apprenticeship and day release training to HND level or equivalent
- Extensive experience within a FMCG / food manufacturing company.
- Has excellent analytical, planning & organising skills.
- High degree of computer literacy
- Demonstrates strong analytical and planning skills.
- Demonstrable decision making skills
- Must have good communication and presentation skills.
- Must have good knowledge of modern condition monitoring and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Awareness and understanding of key legislative and safety requirements within engineering field
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77557889