Project Engineer - Relocation Opportunity
Relocation opportunity for a Project Engineer to work within a high volume, fast paced automotive Tier One manufacturing setup for a well-established site who are part of a large global group of companies. The role will involve coordination of all new projects being introduced into the site working as part of a small team and the company are currently starting the process of introducing a large number of new parts leading to secure order books. The company are based around 30 minutes outside of Cardiff and represent secure employment within an area which benefits from one of the lowest costs of living within the UK.
As the Project Engineer, your duties will include:
- Management and coordination of new projects into the site
- Ensuring that all systems (MRP, etc.) are setup correctly
- The Project Engineer will undertake capacity and resource planning for projects
- Responsibility for change management relating to New Product Introduction activities
- Ensuring that all communication between departments (production, technical, quality, logistics) is accurate and timely inline with project milestones
- Liaising with machine manufacturers/external suppliers as necessary
- Design of process flow charts and production layouts
- Creation and modification of work instructions/SOPs
To be a successful Project Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within an automotive parts manufacturing setup
- Experience of New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
- Knowledge of Lean and CI tools
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
In return, the Project Engineer will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, healthcare, etc.
If you wish to be considered for this role please click on the apply button.
NOTE you will need to speak with a consultant BEFORE we can progress your application. By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77561876