Assistant Merchandise Planner
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 290 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference
The key role responsibilities are as follows; In conjunction with the Merchandise Planner they will work closely with buying to optimise sales volume, stock levels & profitability, whilst satisfying customer needs. This role will provide consistent trading analysis and planning tools enabling all departments to meet their objectives. It will ensure that stock is managed effectively in line with business objectives and KPI’s.
- To work with the buyer to develop robust annual and phased financial plans by category, minimising risks, maximising opportunities and planning promotions in line with overall corporate performance targets.
- To accurately forecast department and category weekly performance, in conjunction with the buyer, to reflect current trading conditions.
- To have in place contingency plans that will ensure departmental sales, margin and markdown plans can be achieved.
- Promotional forecasting along with the buyer, ensuring any markdown impact is in line with budget targets.
- To ensure the effective execution of all departmental and divisional promotions in line with corporate strategy & timelines.
- To prepare accurate performance analysis and sales commentary in a timely manner, to support buying decisions for range reviews, budget plans and reforecasts and to understand weekly performance. This includes all prep for Sign Off Meetings.
- To prepare range plans for each range review, in conjunction with buying. To provide clear summaries of planned range e.g. price architecture, product type mix.
- To assist the merchandise planner in ensuring critical path milestones are achieved.
- To support & lead departmental and cross-functional initiatives
- Promotional forecasting with Buyers, ensuring any markdown impact is in line with budget targets.
- Work in conjunction with Buying, Visual merchandising & Availability to ensure new ranges are launched into stores in line with the critical path.
- To adopt agreed standardised working practices
- To plan and manage weekly stock and intake in line with the corporate targets and the agreed plan.
- WSSI management: To effectively manage stock levels to provide appropriate product availability whilst ensuring exit stock levels of discontinued lines is in line with the exit strategy.
- To work with the supply planner managing intake effectively, to ensure stock arrives in line with requirements & the critical path.
- To develop genuine and sustainable partnerships with the relevant suppliers, reviewing performance regularly & ensuring the best service to the business is achieved, through regular meetings.
- Meet with the supply base regularly to drive initiatives that will benefit our business in terms of improving lead-times on new and repeat ordering and reducing MOQ’s.
- In conjunction with DC colleagues & buyers, work to monitor & manage supplier performance & drive resolution actions when necessary.
Strong Team Player
- Builds rapport with people.
- Develops ideas and solutions jointly with others.
- Gains the trust and support of colleagues.
- Gives genuine recognition of contributions by others.
- Support others to help them cope with change.
- Anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
- Ensures that others understand and accept their responsibilities and targets.
- Identifies key performance indicators to track overall performance.
- Organises own work into a logical and practical sequence of activity.
- Progresses several issues simultaneously.
- Delivering change
- Improving Performance
- Coaching and Feedback
- Must have advanced computer skills especially a proficient understanding of Excel
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive and positive attitude
- The ability to meet critical deadlines
- High Standards of accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Must have at least 5 years merchandising or supply chain experience
- Deputising for Merchandise planner when required.
- Sales £
- Stock £
- Markdown spend
- Net Margin %
- Stock Cover & Stock Turn
- Discontinued Stock
- On Shelf %
- DC Availability %
- Critical Path Delivery
- Competitive salary, up to £35K dependant on experience.
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77556277