Sales & Marketing Executive
Lagrange Holidays – Sales & Marketing Executive
Lagrange Holidays, a specialist tour operator and accommodation provider for ski and summer holidays to France, requires a Sales and Marketing Executive as the fourth member of its London team, based in a small office in Hammersmith.
The ideal candidate will be expected to take responsibility for handling Lagrange Holidays’ sales and marketing activity for both direct clients and travel agents, will be fluent in English and French, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail, plus the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The majority of the role is in English, but French will be used daily and is essential.
- Liaising with the Managing Director to establish and monitor the budget for marketing activities and decide on the sales and marketing strategy for both UK direct clients and travel agents
- Planning and managing Advertising and Digital Marketing activities and overseeing agency activity ensuring strong ROI and results
- Email marketing strategy and activity: planning, creating and sending regular emails using Constant Contact email service provider, plus managing customer email database, monitoring results and maintaining/increasing subscribers
- Travel agent sales and marketing: developing and maintaining relationships with key travel agency consortia, training/presenting the products, creating and distributing sales/training material
- Shared responsibility for seasonal brochure production (twice a year) - working with Product Sales Manager to choose, create and proof-read content
- Monitoring and managing brochure distribution to direct clients and travel agents, including two seasonal brochure launches and ensuring travel agents are regularly supplied with brochures throughout the year, as well as ensuring direct client mailing list and travel agency databases are kept up to date
- Ensuring websites are up-to-date and accurate – regularly uploading content for special offers and seasonal launches, updating French to English translation to ensure web content is relevant and correct, liaising with developers when necessary and writing interesting content for hosted blog
- Managing social media profiles (Facebook and Twitter), creating appropriate brand voice and content on a regular basis and ensuring all branding and messaging is consistent across all channels and communications
- Monitoring and responding to Feefo reviews and feedback
- Some PR activity – representing Lagrange Holidays at events, handling requests from journalists plus other activity as required
This position is ideally suited to an organised and self-motivated Sales and Marketing Assistant with one to two years’ experience now looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility. As part of a small team, there will be an expectation to pitch in with other day to day reservations tasks when required, plus the ability to independently manage your personal workload, meet deadlines and a willingness to make the position your own. Knowledge of the travel industry, skiing and France would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in French and English - able to produce accurate and reliable translation of a variety of texts ranging from simple to complex
- Educated to degree level - a degree in business, marketing, communications, analytics, languages or related subjects would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently
- Good Microsoft office skills
Hours of work:
- Between September and May you will be required to work one Saturday in four from 10:00 to 15:00
Please apply by sending a cover letter (quoting the word "Descartes") explaining why you are suitable for this role, in addition to your CV.