Lead PHP Developer
Job Title: Lead PHP Developer
Jellyfish is looking for a Lead PHP Developer to work within our UK office. If you enjoy coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing international agency, then this is the role for you.
Jellyfish is a diverse digital marketing agency which means you’ll work on anything from simple content managed websites to advanced mobile apps and lead generation projects.
Day to day you’ll be working with our dedicated Project Management team and internal studio at our head office here in Reigate. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining different applications and sites for our external clients and several Jellyfish-owned products and services. We add to these all the time so there’ll always be new challenges to work with.
Like the sound of us? And are you someone who can bring fresh ideas, fizzing energy and a hands-on can-do attitude to where we work (and how we work?)Key skills for Lead PHP Developer role:
- Substantial experience of PHP and knowledge of PSR standards
- Experience with back end frameworks and/or content management systems such as: Laravel / Lumen, Python, CodeIgniter, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and Magento
- Prior management experience and in mentoring small teams and providing technical documentation
- Ability to scope a project based on a technical brief and work with the DevOps team to provide a detailed project plan including: Data Flow Diagrams for process flow, Database Schemas, Recommended software / architecture, Suggested tools / software, Scalable environment architecture suggestions and Load balancing / caching suggestions
- Robust experience with Linux command line, configuration, installation, maintenance and monitoring.
- Experience with Git / GitHub
- Robust experience with Databases or Key-Value stores (MySQL / Maria DB / MongoDB) including command line usage: Strong experience in database normalisation, Key value stores and with queue software
- Good experience of parsing data formats such as XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s: Experience with Curl / similar, programmatic generation of documents / data and creating importers / validators / exporters
- A working understanding of Apache / Nginx configuration and virtual hosts
- Experience with Jenkins or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Puppet or other server automation tools
- Knowledge of additional programming languages
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Self-motivated with a sense of ownership
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- A team player with high energy
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
- A good understanding of the change request process
- 22 days’ holiday, increasing to 23 days after 1 years’ service and 24 after 2 years’ service.
- Guaranteed annual bonus
- Private healthcare.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ride2Work scheme.
- Company pension scheme
- An excellent working environment.
- The opportunity to develop your skills.
- The opportunity to work with varied, international clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Life Assurance scheme.
If it still sounds like the role is made for you, then click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77548280