Finance Manager - Defence
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are actively recruiting a fully qualified Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner to assist a client in the defence sector based in Weybridge. Working closely with a team of Finace Business Partners and Management Accountants, the successful Finance Manager - Defence will report directly into the Finance Director.
The role is a temporary assignment finishing in July 2018.
- Managing the Regional Accountant team providing financial support and guidance as required
- To prepare the Divisional Monthly Financial Report in accordance with set deadlines
- To consolidate and review Divisional Forecasts highlighting their impact to the Divisional Director and report in accordance with the set deadlines
- Reviewing and benchmarking operational financial performance
- Preparation, coordination & review of the Divisional Budget & Contract Budgets
- Review the weekly Trading and Labour Operating Reports and investigate any deviations with Operations
- To ensure that Company policies, procedures and controls are applied throughout the Division ensuring best practice is adhered to
- Regular review of Defence element of Balance Sheet ensuring that all assets & liabilities are properly accounted for
- Monitoring of Customer Debt and prompt resolution of any queries to ensure that Invoices are paid
- Ensure that all Income and Costs are properly recognised and accounted for
- Attendance at Regional and Operational Meetings as required
- Provision of Financial Support to the Defence Contract Management team
- Analysis, interrogation and finalisation of Management Accounts prepared
- Preparation, assessment & review with Defence Contract Management team of annual Contract Budget and rolling 3 monthly forecasts ensuring that all Group Reporting deadlines are met
- Assessment of underlying Financial run-rates
- Identification and assessment of Key Performance Indicators
The successful Finance Manager - Defence will be an excellent communicator, capable of being an effective business partner throughout the operational side of the business. The ideal Finance Manager - Defence may have experience in the Defence sector, but will definitely possess excellent organisational skills as well as an advanced degree of Excel knowledge (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs).
The client are a leading support services brand with key clients themselves. The role is based in their impressive stunning modern offices in Weybridge.
Salary & Benefits
£225 to £275 per day dependent on experience
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement