Product Design Development Engineer
Global leading ManufacturerProduct Development Engineer to support and ensure the efficient introduction of new products and processes into manufacturing• Design, development and prototyping of new products, ensuring that the final design meets desired requirements for performance, cost and acceptability for manufacturing.
• Evaluate and document the feasibility, reliability and risk of concept design using engineering tools such as FMEA & FTA.
• Process design and development to ensure that jigs, fixtures and tooling give optimal manufacturing conditions in relation to productivity, cost and quality. Liaising with manufacturing via multifunctional teams.
• Develop timelines and cost estimates for development and the introduction of new or modified products, and process improvements
• Adherence to the company’s Initial Control Procedure (ICP) and Design Review system (DR) to ensure appropriate compliance to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001. Salary £30,000 + £35,000 +Benefits
• Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline with project management experience
• Several years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally having experience in
o New product introduction
o Jigs and fixtures design
• Proficient in the use of computer assisted design (CAD / 3D CAD)
• Good communication, organizational and presentational skills
• Good analytical skills, with good problem solving attributes
• Good understanding of Microsoft office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Product Design Development Engineer can Travel to work from Newport, Caerphilly, Pontypool, Blackwood, Ebbw Vale, Tredegar
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77569558