Ofwat is the economic regulator of the water and wastewater sectors in England and Wales. Our role is to help it build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society.
As the Financial Modeller in our analytics pool, you will play a key role in the delivery of the financial model for the next price control and will get involved in development and implementation of financial models to support the delivery of Ofwat’s various projects, programmes and policies as well as providing high quality and timely financial impact assessments to SLT, Board, and policy teams in Ofwat.
There are opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated people to join the Water 2020 programme and have a significant impact on its successful delivery. As a Senior Associate, these opportunities will involve supporting delivery of specific projects within a large, multi-disciplinary programme, having exposure to a wide range of policy areas, and being given a chance to really make your mark within the industry.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, delivering and implementing financial models and financial modelling tools for price reviews, interim determinations and other projects
- Working autonomously in building, populating and using financial models
- Ensuring the availability and adequacy of data to be used in models is of sufficient quality
- Providing good quality, timely financial modelling advice to other professional groups, in a way that non specialists can readily understand
We are looking for individuals who can bring the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a numerate discipline
- Experience of designing, building and populating financial models
- Using own initiative to manage multiple workstreams and resources
- Extensive experience in using financial modelling tools
- Competent in Microsoft Excel
- Delivering high quality decisions to a demanding schedule
- An in-depth understanding of financial modelling and a working knowledge of accountancy
We offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum among other benefits. A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat. For further information, a detailed job profile including benefits and how to apply, please visit our website http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/make-a-splash/