Senior Software Engineer - Simplify Digital
We are a fast growing technology business that develop deal comparison SaaS for our own branded retail business Simplifydigital and numerous other blue-chip clients across Europe, including: BSkyB, TalkTalk, Comparethemarket and Webhelp. The business was founded in 2007 and currently focuses on TV, broadband, home phone and energy price comparison.
We were named as one of Europe's fastest growing technology businesses in the 2013 GP Bullhound Media Momentum Awards.
We have been awarded the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards for the past three years in a row (2015, 2014 & 2013). In 2016 we were acquired by Dixons Carphone.
As a Software Engineer you will report to a Technical Lead, working in a Scrum team and closely with stakeholders and product managers on a number of high profile projects.
A bit about what you may be doing:
- Working within an Agile environment on a number of high profile projects
- Liaising with the technology team and wider business to effectively complete these projects
- Contributing to the Technology strategy and architecture by suggesting new technologies and solutions.
- Degree in a technical discipline like Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- Experience in some of the following technologies:
- Backend: C#, Node, MVC.NET, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Jenkins CI, Gitlab
- Frontend: KnockoutJS web components, AngularJS, Gulp, Bower, PostalJS, karma, jasmine, LESS
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (SCRUM/XP/lean)
- Experience in engineering best practices such as:
- Test-first design
- Pair programming + code reviews
- Continuous integration