Technical Sales Engineer (Special Purpose Machinery)
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Sales person with Mechanical design skills, for an exciting new role with a highly respected Engineering company based in Bedfordshire.
Working very closely with the Commercial Director, the role will have an impact across Sales, R&D and engineering functions, both internally and externally. Some international travel to customers, partners and industry events can be expected. A summary of key elements of the job is:
- Develop specifications for customer projects. Detailing down to component level where required, this is the backbone of converting a sale into a machine we can build profitably.
- Review customer equipment specifications and ensure both technical compliance and that the full commercial impact is assessed. This is a critical function when working with world-leading companies that have their own specific demands.
- Produce equipment layouts for project proposals from initial quote through to design confirmation and customer order. Everything must fit in the customer factory in the most efficient way possible.
- Assist and support the commercial team in all technical and engineering matters from initial quote to project handover to Operations team.
- Develop concept ideas, designs for new equipment and applications, development of existing equipment, all based on innovation and balancing customer project requirements, technical feasibility and commercial viability
- Source new equipment and work with partner equipment suppliers to develop & specify the best applications.
- Manage Fords commercial team's relationship with external partners, including equipment and packaging partners.
- Liaise and meet with OEM customers at all levels on behalf of the technical and commercial team.
- Act as link between customers and company engineers at the pre-order stage and until handover to operations team after PO.
- Maintain knowledge of current National and International standards.
- Develop and maintain calculations for equipment functions to ensure accurate quoting and project delivery.
- Liaise with mechanical and electrical engineering teams to ensure latest developments and specifications are incorporated into the company's commercial information.
For this role, you will require a sold background in Mechanical Design Engineering, coupled with experience of dealing with Clients directly. Great communication skills are a key part of this role.
In return for your hard work you will receive an excellent Salary and Benefits package with great prospects for the future.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77564417