Job Title: Plant Manager
Overall Job Purpose:
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
1. Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor operations
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup.
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime
- Adhere to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Proven experience working as a Plant manager
- Smart and well presented at all times
- Have a keen interest in working in the industry
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Computer literacy
- Adaptable and willing to support others working as a team or individually where required.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Qualifications and Certification:
- BS degree in Business Management or related field an Advantage but not essential
- In the absence of professional qualifications relevant experience will be considered.
- JCB/ telehandler operating experience preferable, as part of the day to day running of the plant
- WAMITAB not necessary but preferable
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Remuneration: Dependant on Experience
Probation: At manager’s discretion to be discussed during interview.
Our client is a well-established construction company in the local area, due recent changes they are now seeking to recruit an experienced plant manager to assist in the day to day running of their local site.
How to apply:
if you would like to be considered for this role please apply or alternatively please call Adam on 01884 255 664
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77556574