Commissioning Team Lead Engineer
The Commissioning Team Lead Engineer is a key member of the Controls Team in the successful delivery of company Northern European projects. They are responsible for the commissioning of Level 2 PLC control systems (software commissioning & system testing) for their automated materials handling solutions Working in close conjunction with the Commissioning Manager you will undertake Team Leader activities overseeing small teams of the Commissioning Engineers and Commissioning Technicians for successful project delivery. You will also effectively communicate with Technical Leads, Designers and Clients at their UK Head Office and at various installation sites across the UK and Northern Europe. You will be an active participant in the design process when required and ensuring quality feedback into the Controls Department to aide in continuous improvements. You will play an active role in the continuous development both technically and personally of the Commissioning Technicians and Commissioning Engineers.
- Undertake a Team lead responsibility for a number Commissioning Engineers and Commissioning Technicians for delivering a successful project.
- Clearly communicate to the Controls Project Manager
- Undertake the development of project software using the companies standard tools and architecture ensuring correct version control used in conjunction with Technical Leads
- In house software testing through emulation when required.
- Play an active role in the design of the control systems when required.
- Preparation of Commissioning packs which include drawings, commissioning sheets and test documentation.
- Undertake full level 2 PLC commissioning, to include but limited to:
- Sign off of Level 1 Commissioning
- Implementation of project area software
- Commissioning to achieve manual control
- Commissioning to achieve automatic control
- Commissioning to achieve communications with WCS systems
- Commissioning and testing of emergency stop systems
- Test to mechatronic rates
- Integration of third party equipment and testing when required.
- Ensure full integration of system in order to deliver a final working plant is achieved.
- Take responsibility / ownership for the PLC area being commissioned and ensure other areas are being correctly commissioned that are within your remit.
- Actively plan areas and ensure all activities and commissioning progress adheres to project schedules and task plans.
- Actively work with the Commissioning Team Engineers and Commissioning Technicians, SIM’s and Controls Project Managers in testing system modules as required.
- Follow the software revision and back up process as required and ensure all others in your team are also in line with the process.
- Ensure all modifications are fed back to the project team and design department
- Identify and manage the rectification of any software, hardware & electrical faults
- Ensure the electrical installation meets the required company standards
- To comply with all current, future health & safety legislation at all times and others within your teams also comply.
- Make sure all required commissioning documentation is completed to the required standard
- Be an ambassador for the delivery of company Northern European controls and actively promote company standards and best practice.
- Actively look at developing Commissioning Engineers and Commissioning Technicians.
- Actively manages own development
- Minimum NVQ level 3 / City & Guilds in electrical engineering
- Able to work within a team environment and co-ordinate when required
- Ability to create project PLC code ideally in the Siemens S7 environment
- Previous experience of commissioning and testing in an engineering / industrial environment
- Good understanding of control systems including but not limited to:
- Networking concepts & hardware
- Fieldbus technology (Profibus, Profinet, ASi)
- Industrial Drives
- Knowledge of functional safety programming
- Back ground in material handling / conveyor industry or similar
- Ability to design and develop HMI & SCADA systems
- Previous experience of working with motion control via inverters and servo drives
About Our Client
Our client is a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
They support successful organisations to master supply chain challenges in the most profitable, sustainable and ergonomic way. Their customers include the biggest and best names in the retail sector. So working for our client involves working closely with excellence and success.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77565869