Commercial Finance Analyst (Multi-channel)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted Number 9 in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017, and Number 13 in Europe! We have over 420 stores and over 260 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
We are now recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst (Multichannel) to work at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire on a permanent basis. As part of the Commercial Finance team you will report directly into the Commercial Finance Manager and work closely with the commercial teams, providing insight and analysis to improve business performance.
Analyse Multichannel Performance
- Conduct robust and timely reporting across web initiatives, identifying sales and EBITDA impact and communicating performance to key stakeholders
- Performing analysis to understand trends and formulating action plans to mitigate areas of under-performance
- Develop simplified dashboard of weekly and periodic KPI reports to facilitate wider business communication around the performance of online to be used for Exec and Board reporting.
- Develop detailed understanding of all cost and income lines associated to the Multichannel P&L allowing for the detailed modelling of new proposed initiatives
- Ensure we are on track to achieve existing multichannel business plan through periodic reforecasting of all P&L lines
- Challenge multichannel team on robustness of forecast, outlining key risks and opportunities and feeding them into wider Finance Rolling Reforecast process
- Identify, estimate and model key cost levers for futurecosts in line with growth and scale
- Support ad hoc requests from multichannel Trading Team to facilitate weekly trading meetings and range analysis
- Develop insight into range performance and support online buyers on their plans for new ranges
- Conduct analysis to offer insight into effectiveness of strategic initiatives to support future trading decision making and identify cross selling opportunities.
- The successful candidate will be CIMA qualified. Or equivalent
- You must have experience of commercial analysis, gained in either your current or previous roles
- You will be PC literate, and it is essential that you have advanced excel skills with the ability to use formulas, V look up’s and pivot tables
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working in or with the retail industry, preferably with e-commerce experience. The candidate must be a self-starter and have experience of working in a dynamic environment
- It is essential to have strong analytic skills and proven track record of influencing decisions through the conclusions / recommendationsyou have made as a result of your analysis
- You will have excellent communication skills which will enable you to build strong internal relationships, with the ability to influence and challenge key stakeholders across the Business, including the Multichannel Director, the Commercial Director and the Director of Retail Finance
- Competitive salary of up to £35,000 (Dependent on experience), per annum.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77555147