IT Support Apprentice
As an employee, you will experience a fast-paced environment, where innovation and high performance is rewarded and collaboration with a supportive wider team is a reality. We are dedicated to developing our people, offering numerous opportunities for training and involvement in social enterprise, as well as day-to-day experience of the technologies we provide to our customers. Our technology enables our modern working practises: work from remote locations, regional offices or our UK headquarters in Central London.
Have you got a passion for technology? Ready to take your hobby to the next level?
We are currently looking for a passionate and energetic individual for a role within our growing IT team.
Interested candidates should be interested in pursuing a career in IT and be eager to take their technology knowledge to the next level. We are offering a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate with an excellent starting salary and great scope for progression within the business.
As a member of the SOHO Support department, you will be responsible for taking customer service calls and providing technical support to the SOHO customer base.
This is a busy department where customer care and issue ownership is paramount. This role centres on owning and resolving customer queries to a high standard.
- You will also be expected to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities when speaking to our customers
- Answering inbound customer service and technical support queries
- Delivering high levels of customer care at all times
- Providing effective troubleshooting advice and solving technical problems over the telephone and via Email
- Building an excellent relationship with the customer
- Identifying sales opportunities and depending on the size of the deal, either processing the sale or passing to the Sales Team as a lead
- Taking ownership of, and understanding client's needs
- Where possible, delivering first touch case resolution
- Escalation of issues to appropriate areas in the business
- Excellent customer service skills including communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Good confident telephone manner, always operating in a proactive and helpful manner
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Good team player
- Proven ability to identify sales opportunities and ultimately selling services to customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of complex client issues and pursue them through until resolution
- A good working knowledge of the most common Windows and Apple Operating Systems
- Good working knowledge of ADSL, FTTC and FTTP technologies and how to troubleshoot problems that may occur with them
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and internet protocols such as POP, SMTP, IMAP, and HTTP/S
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office based products such as Outlook/Outlook Express
- Some knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Qualifications in Information Technology
- Working Knowledge of Office 365
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
37.5hrs per week
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493457