Buyer Menswear Fashion Fulltime
Our client is a well-known fashion brand creating the latest premium clothing for both women and menswear.
Reporting to the Section Head in your role as Buyer you will be an ambassador for our company values. It is the positive attitude of our colleagues who focus on constant improvement whilst keeping it simple and the entrepreneurial spirit of our teams that makes the difference to our customers and business partners. We believe that our colleagues are the key to our success.
Responsibilities: Responsible for maximizing the department’s sales and profitability, by ensuring the best product, at the best price, at the right time in the right quantity, whilst working closely with the Design team to ensure all work sits within the COMAPNY X aesthetic.
What you will do
- Monitor and react to how the concept’s customer is affected by trends and other factors.
- Utilize commercial awareness and understanding of brand aesthetic to ensure the correct product mix
- Sets targets and vision as approved by Buying Manager for the long term, season and block, and works towards the best results for the department.
- Works actively by contributing, reviewing, questioning and securing the department goal for the season.
- Identify which types of product the customer will want next season.
- Examine targets and work with Section Head/Controller to ensure correct planning and take action as appropriate.
- Lead product development in consultation with the product designer and take responsibility for the department’s time schedule.
- Constantly review the product and assortment considering current sales and trend analysis, correct quantification and best margin, and take action as required.
- Responsible for purchasing the right item at the right time, based on current trends and design aesthetic.
- Responsible for the review of products and overall assortment prior to making a purchasing decision.
- Carries out purchase analysis and profitability follow ups as necessary.
- Constantly monitor and react to sales trends and seek new selling opportunities.
- Follow up and evaluate the department across all sales channels.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring call-off, supplier and trailing quantity moves happen as required.
- Communicate department goals and results throughout the organization as required
How you will do it.
- Proactively work towards business goals.
- Communicate in a clear way to colleagues and business partners.
- Take ownership for your own learning and development.
- Strive to work in a sustainable way.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience with a background in Menswear.
- Strong team player with great communication skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Business orientated with a great understanding of the brand.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77563018