Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
- £30,000 - £37,500 inc o/time
- Typical hours will be 39 hours to 45 hours per week
- Days with on average 2 nights per week away from home
- Bonus + Pension 5% matched + 25 Days
- Healthcare & dental care for family + life assurance
- Vehicle (fully expensed) + tools provided
Location: East Midlands, West Midlands or Central England
Ideal locations are as follows: Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Hereford & Worcestershire or Cambridgeshire
ATA Recruitment is recruiting for a market leader in developing, building and servicing special purpose machinery, which is predominately used within materials manufacturing. Our client manufacturers a range of electro-mechanical systems supplied into various high-tech industries such as Automotive, Medical and Consumer Electronics.
The UK operation was established over 20 years ago and boasts annual sales of £10.5 million and currently employs over 25 staff. This business is experiencing phenomenal growth and has organically grown by 22% FYE 2017 and is on course to grow by a further 17%. Thus, they are now looking to recruit Field Service Engineer to join the team.
The role of Field Service Engineer:
- Install, align and service special purpose / high speed automated machinery.
- Visit customer sites and to install, align / calibrate, setup and service equipment.
- Onsite support to customers, problem solving situations, providing training and advice on process improvements.
- Problem solving situations, fault find issues on machines and or manufacturing processes.
- Your role includes start-up, coordination, incident elimination, maintenance, repair and technical customer support, increasingly through remote maintenance via Internet.
- Make changes to PLC and motion control programs.
- Travel significantly within the territory.
- 70% based at customer sites (UK & Ireland), 10% Europe and 20% office based.
Experience & background required for the Field Service Engineer:
- Service, Commissioning, Maintenance, Test, Applications or Product Support type background.
- A suitable qualification in engineering (e.g. materials, physics, chemistry or related discipline).
- Worked with either scientific machines, instrumentation, special purpose machinery, metrology or a high-speed automation type product.
- Based within any one of the above-mentioned counties.
- Full EU driving licence is required – vehicle provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading player within the industry. They offer an excellent working environment with attractive terms and conditions of employment, competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to progress to a Senior Field Service Engineer within 3-5 years.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77566823