Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Telecommunications/Mobile Phone Retail
up to £27,000 per annum + fantastic bonus!
Your job is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual`s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Leader and having people management responsibility for the team members within the Store, you will be given the opportunity to cover for the Store Leader in their absence.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Empowering your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
- Monitoring daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and key business information to the team
- Leading the performance of the team with 1-2-1s and mentoring sessions
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective mentoring behaviours.
- Being passionate about the products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business.
- Using In store systems and working to process taking ownership of what you and the team do
- Maximising productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Deputising for the Store Leader when required
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
Skills and Experience Needed
What we look for is:
- Someone who has worked in a fast paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who has the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who has the ability to be able to lead, encourage and develop teams to be high performing. Take the team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to work frameworks to provide support, training and development
- A great communicator
- Someone who has the ability to be agile, who can change and adapt as to the business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Ability to work to processes
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
What we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic bonus
- Fantastic induction programme
- Learning and development support
- Flexible benefits to suit you
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77565186