Software Engineer - Salesforce
Software Engineer (Salesforce) – Cheltenham
We are delighted to be supporting one of Gloucestershire’s leading employers in the search to find an experienced Software Engineer who has a background within Salesforce.
The role plays a key part in the development of the company’s software solutions within a specialist Salesforce Team which manages and configures Salesforce environments, developing and delivering quality software solutions.
Our client is currently in a phase of digital acceleration - their approach is responsive, agile, and customer-focused. If you have a thirst to be at the cutting edge of technology and thrive off a fast-paced technical environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Experience of developing solutions using the following:
- Technologies: Salesforce, Apex, Lightning, Visualforce, REST, JSON. Experience of Marketing Cloud, Heroku, and/or Messaging (SNS, SQS) is also desirable
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Tools and frameworks: Salesforce Dataloader, Workbench & Developer Console. Experience of the following tools is desirable: PeopleImport and Demand Tools, Mavensmate, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, MySQL Workbench
- Methodologies: agile, scrum, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)
- Provide technical input and innovation, while collaborating with the rest of the scrum team to develop solutions
- Develop and prototype investigations or spikes to assist in the delivery of features
- Ensure the delivery of high quality products through techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming and code review
- Act as a gatekeeper for code repositories ensuring that only high-quality code, developed in line with our standards, is accepted into the production estate
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the scrum team through the agile retrospective ceremonies that take place
- Good knowledge of back end development using C#, Web API, and SQL
- Experience of front end development using Angular is preferable
- Good knowledge of software development patterns and practices, including test-driven development and service oriented architecture
- Experience of working with AWS cloud technologies, such as Cloud Formation, EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, Elastic Search, IAM and RDS would be beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, given the working practices used, such as code review and pair programming,
- Good collaboration skills to facilitate the development of high-quality products in line with the product owner's requirements
- 25 days annual leave
- Voluntary flexible benefits
- Paid volunteering days
- Contributory stakeholder pension
- Subsidised restaurant, affordable gym membership and free parking
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77549590