Communications Executive - Permanent - Birmingham
We are looking for a communications professional, based in Birmingham, who is ready to broaden their portfolio to include both internal communications and media relations, in a brand new role at one of the world's largest international professional services firms.
You will report into the Communications Manager (also Birmingham-based), whom you will be working closely with to support communications activity across the Midlands and South regions, which is inclusive of six offices: Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Luton, Reading and Southampton.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will provide full support for both internal and external communications activity across the six inclusive offices. This will involve mining for stories from within the business and turning these into innovative and creative campaigns that will appeal to our people and local media.
Working across all our service lines locally - Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transactions Advisory Services (TAS) - you need to be able to demonstrate that you have the intellectual rigour and flair to make complex and technical subject matter more easily understandable and compelling to the audiences they are aimed at.
You will work on a varied portfolio to support integrated campaigns and communications activities that support our brand and purpose. You will establish and deliver new internal communications channels as well as maintaining and contributing to existing channels. You will also support local media campaigns and have the ability to flex your writing style to suit both internal and external audiences.
You will be expected to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as regional partners, marketing and business development teams and local media.
Regular travel to regional offices would be required, plus occasional travel to our headquarters in London.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Excellent writing skills are essential, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Understanding and/or experience of internal communications - event management, newsletter production, people engagement tools
- Understanding or keen interest in print and broadcast media relations
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior leadership
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Two to three years business experience, a degree or professional qualification
- Stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Strong IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Ideally, you'll also have/be
- An enthusiastic, 'can do' approach
- The ability to work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
- Experience of working in large/matrix organisations, balancing multiple stakeholder requirements
- A professional services background, however strong candidates from other sectors will be considered
- A good networker
What we look for
You will be an experienced executive with a passion for project management and strong organisational skills. You will work closely across the business to support integrated campaigns and communications activities, building strong and effective relationships and delivering an exceptional client experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77525044