An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join our team based in Kettering, Northamptonshire. In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus statutory entitlement, private healthcare, onsite parking, generous pension scheme and Childcare vouchers.
We are a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. We generated $4.2 billion in sales in 2016 and have approximately 14,000 employees who serve customers in 117 countries.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Develop and improve the SOCs (formulations and process conditions) and SOPs (procedures and methods) of the production lines
- Monitor and improve the characteristics of new and existing products, with main focus on critical CTQs
- Supporting the Manufacturing Team for the troubleshooting of any process or quality problem
- Improving the production variances, with main focus on yield and uptime improvement
- Implement the training of production line Operators
- Share and implement best practices and process improvements across all the European Plant
- Run projects aimed at developing new products and substituting raw materials
The successful Process Engineer will have:
- Graduated in Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Significant technical experience as process engineer in the plastic extrusion industry, preferred polyethylene extrusion
- Ambitious, determined and open mind with a good practical working knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in the use of continuous improvement techniques would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in team and to transfer technical expertise to others in a diverse group of people
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and focus on critical project parameters that determine success or failure.
- Demonstrated flexibility within a high-performance work environment and matrix managed organization
- Ability to provide critical leadership in project management and project execution resulting in improved performance of the production processes
- Good PC skills including Windows package
- Good English language skills
The hours of work are 40 per week. Applicants must be flexible to travel when required.
Please apply online to be considered for the Process Engineer role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77542284