Our client is an international high-volume manufacturing business, with its head office in the North East. They are recruiting a Project Engineer to support the commissioning phase of a new manufacturing plant elsewhere in Europe.
Reporting to the Plant Manager in the North East, you will be responsible for engineering and technical duties relating to the design and manufacture of high volume assembly equipment. Responsibilities include:
- To be involved from project concept to new product launch, with direct responsibilities for machine design and commissioning.
- The introduction of new processes and technologies within the scope of new product launches.
- To be able to work with machine manufactures to specify and agree assembly equipment design that satisfies the requirements of zero defects and world class levels of productivity.
- Preparation and control of engineering spend within an agreed budget.
- Liaising with machine manufacturers on all aspects of the machine design.
- Liaising with internal departments to satisfy their requirements for assembly e.g. (Production, Quality Assurance, cost etc.).
- Effective commissioning of the assembly line and any follow-up action that may be required to ensure smooth production launch.
- Travel on occasions to National and European machine manufactures to track progress and to assist in developing solutions.
- Play a pivotal role in the localization of all assembly equipment.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of leading similar projects.
You may come from a Maintenance background, having progressed to delivering commissioning projects.
You must be qualified to degree level in an Engineering discipline or have equivalent time served experience.
Demonstrable drive and commitment to deliver projects successfully will be essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and highly successful business, who are investing heavily in new equipment to support this expansion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77529495