Data Analyst Trainee (Graduate)
This is an administrative role based within a sub team of the marketing department that?s responsible for data analysis that drives business decision within the sales and marketing departments. You?ll work closely with the analysts and the department lead.
The company is open to applicants who are either working with data at the moment, or a graduate who can demonstrate their data / analytical skills. This may be through a placement, internship or from your dissertation.
What will the role of Data Analyst Trainee involved
- Provide support to the team in relation to day to day cost and selling price changes
- Carry out weekly checks from reports about products
- Investigate why the costings have changed
- Make suitable recommendations to ensure minimum margins are delivered and sales opportunities are exploited.
In this role there will be some important, but repetitive, tasks. It?s possible you?ll help to streamline and automate some of these processes! You?ll be looking at data that is generated from different markets relating to pricing and you?ll be making logical decisions and then processing relevant changes based on the data you have before you. The company will allow you the opportunity to develop your skills and ultimately would look for someone who is wanting to become a data analyst, with this role allowing you to get a good foundation knowledge of the processes and systems in the company,
All communication relating to pricing will be directed to you in the first instance.
What experience / skills are we looking for in a Data Analyst Trainee?
You need to be someone who is:
- Efficient, accurate and diligent
- You?ll need to have good communication skills
- A competent Excel user (intermediate level)
- Have a passion for problem solving
- Degree in related analytical/ maths
- Ideally you?ll have had some experience manipulating or managing data and dealing with associated reporting.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494304