Our client is an international market leader in the design and manufacture of innovative electrical appliances and consumer goods. The group business is currently enjoying a period of considerable success and growth.
The UK product manufacturing division is based in the North East of England. This manufacturing facility works closely with the R&D center based in Northern Europe. The company is planning on automating some of their manufacturing processes in order to cope with demand.
Due to this, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Automation Engineer who will play a lead role in the company’s transition to automated manufacturing. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement in quality, cost and delivery by the design, development and implementation of automation. They will be responsible for ensuring its successful implementation and rollout as well as ongoing performance.
- Analyse current manufacturing processes and identify ways to automate assembly lines
- Generate relevant justifications for capital approval of new equipment, spares, refurbishment's and services
- Working with machine building organisations, generating user requirement specifications to ensure all aspects of equipment expectations are defined when designing, developing, improving and/or implementing equipment
- Support with the installation and programming of equipment
- Support with ongoing maintenance and improvements after transition
- Work with management to enhance manufacturing efficiency across the manufacturing facility
- Degree in related engineering field
- Qualification in automation and control engineering (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Experience of automatic assembly lines
- Experience of working with motors/ electronics and injection moulding
- Computer programming and software development experience
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests