Principal/Senior Ecologist - Water/Environment/Infrastructure - 48631 - East Grinstead
Salary - £40-50,000.00 plus pension & benefits
Details below -
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Following 2 years of continued success and growth the Water and Environment team have recently won HS2 Phase 2b Lot 2 and we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of this project, as well as a variety of projects in the Rivers and Coastal sector. Our key clients include the Environment Agency, HS2, Local Authorities and other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
The Capita infrastructure division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high profile projects including the award-winning Newhaven Flood Alleviation Scheme, Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, positive and confident Senior/Principal Ecologist to help us grow our team. As part of your role you will provide a significant contribution to delivering HS2 and projects for the Environment Agency and other clients across England and Wales. Projects will include a variety of fluvial and coastal flooding projects, as well as strategies and other infrastructure projects (water, rail, housing or commercial property).
You will contribute and add value to the delivery and development of the company's professional ecological service, which offers ecological advice and assessment on development proposals and infrastructure schemes, habitat creation and management schemes, including habitat and species surveys and production of reports. The service is delivered both as stand-alone skill and as part of multi-disciplinary projects. The role requires a critical approach to mitigation advice and input to design and well developed project management skills for ecological projects.
- Experience of writing EIA chapters
- Good understanding of ecological risk management
- Ability to develop and take responsibility for client relationships and building business
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the of bidding and job winning process
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Proven experience in managing and undertaking habitat surveys and protected species surveys, with excellent identification and botanical skills.
- Hold protected species licences (bats and great crested newt) and have experience in preparing licence applications
- Experience in the design, specification and site implementation of ecological mitigation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ecological legislation and current best practice / policy
- Good presentation and training skills. Excellent report writing and review skills
- Knowledge of habitat creation and management techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent report writing skills
In addition to the above, you would be expected to be able to demonstrate working experience in some of the following technical areas:
- An understanding of expert witness work
- An understanding of relevant volumes of the Highway's Agency Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Chartered Ecologist status
- Work experience on rail projects
- Work experience on river/coastal projects
- Experience with Habitats Directive Assessment or Water Framework Directive Assessment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Honours degree in ecology or biology or other relevant discipline or equivalent
- Full membership of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- A minimum of five years' experience in the provision of ecological advice in the consultancy sector.
You will also drive on behalf of the company to visit clients/sites etc and therefore a valid UK driving licence is essential.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you are a Senior Ecologist with the experience required above please apply & I will get back to you asap. Thank you.
Ali/Number 8 Resourcing
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492797