Finance Assistant - Part time
This international award winning educational travel organisation specialises in arranging short-term placements for healthcare students in Africa, Asia and Latin America. As a dynamic and fast-paced organisation, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Assistant to join the team. Based in their Head Office in Brighton, the successful individual will be driven, proactive and hardworking. Working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be assisting with the day-to-day financial and bookkeeping processes. A key requirement for the role is a sound level of knowledge and experience of general bookkeeping practices.
- Processing new customer bookings
- Maintaining sales ledger (within Xero), recording all activity accurately and efficiently
- Maintaining purchase ledger (within Xero), recording all activity accurately and efficiently
- Recording receipts and payments across multiple international bank/credit card accounts
- Manipulating large volumes of data precisely and efficiently for monthly income recognition process
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the Financial Controller
- Proven experience in similar roles
- Must be AAT qualified or similar
- Proven experience using Xero and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Proactive, driven and focused with a willingness to learn and adapt to new processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Highly organised, maintaining excellent attention to detail
The position is part-time, involving a minimum two standard working days a week. Specific hours and working pattern are flexible and negotiable.
Applications must include a cover letter and full C.V.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77535465