Engineering Operations Leader
We are looking to recruit a motivated Engineering Operations Leader to be based at our 24/7 production site in Leeds.
As the Engineering Operations Leader you will be responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment & processes required to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner.
You also will drive improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, human interface and product quality. He/she is responsible for all associated metrics management, financial management, staffing, leadership, strategic development and execution.
The Engineering Operations Leader must be a leader, strategic thinker and problem solver. He/she must combine a detailed technical knowledge with business functions, and operations management.
He/she should be well organised, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and organization. He/she must be able to communicate with internal company personnel, as well as customers, with equal effectiveness and professionalism.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Provides leadership to personnel ensuring the maintenance, efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment.
Responsible for maintaining World Class, Lean, TPM, processes, and other advanced manufacturing methodologies and systems.
• Increasing productivity through the support and leadership of people, processes and technology.
• Drive continuous improvement in labour costs through waste reduction, production efficiency, and operations improvement.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving factory processes and related metrics.
• Prepare procedures, reports, and plans.
• You must be fully trained Engineer
• Proven experience in manufacturing.
• Experience at leading technical personnel, staffing, reviews and goal setting.
• Demonstrate time management & leadership skills.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Using logic and reasoning to offer solutions to problems.
• Proficiency with computer software programs
• Thorough understanding of the quality management system.
• Experience with World Class Manufacturing processes and methods, Lean, 5S, TPM and other advanced manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts.
• Strong organisational and communication skills.
• Mentor others in new processes and procedures.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77544094