Engineering Change & Compliance Engineer
Design Compliance Engineer
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of commercial products and are approaching an extremely busy period with winter around the corner.
We are currently recruiting a Compliance Engineer in the Research and Development Team based in Norwich. The main purpose of this role will be to co-ordinate the engineering and concession change process from creation to implementation while completing all R&D related activities during the engineering changes.
You will be required to ensure all current product approvals are updated and support ad-hoc project tasks within an agreed technical, time and quality as per business requirements.
As well as this you will support innovative product development through internal process control.
* You will take personal responsibility for ensuring health and safety standards are maintained at the highest standard.
* Ensure a safe working environment for self and colleagues and reports any near misses or accidents immediately.
* Throughout the day to day R&D activities, you will ensure that safe and best practice work methodologies are maintained, whilst also being aware of the hazards whilst working in a laboratory environment e.g. (High voltage, high pressure and heat).
Key tasks will include:
* Ensure drawings and 3D models are complete in line with engineering change delivery using the company's CAD system.
* Ensure changes to products are tested for quality and reliability using the company's laboratory facilities.
* Ensure technical literature is complete in line with engineering change delivery using the company's design systems and in line with the company brand guidelines.
* Successfully assist with the implementation of new product projects in line with the agreed brief and scope.
* Work with local and group processes for task delivery and reporting.
* Ensuring accurate data is input into the PDM system and groups MRP system for reliable and accurate Bill of Materials.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Knowledge and experience with engineering change processes.
* Knowledge and/or education of core design and mechanical/electrical engineering principles including technical drawing standards.
* Advanced use and understanding of computer 3D and 2D aided design techniques (SOLIDEDGE, NX, SOLIDWORKS and TeamCenter PLM software).
* An understanding of materials and finishing techniques.
* Knowledge and experience with technical writing.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.