Software Engineer Backend
Lead Software Engineer
As a lead engineer, you will be tasked with managing the technical development of all products in the District family (currently an iOS and Android app, a webapp for 3rd parties to respond to real-time customer requests, and a PHP CMS to manage content in the iOS & Android apps). You will be supported in your role by the Head of Product & Engineering who will help you hire, coach and manage your team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain awesome product features
- Manage individual and team priorities and deadlines
- Coach and educate team members, including cross discipline
- Advocate for judicious use of technology and automation within District
- Support the team in deciding the prioritization of new features and hardware integrations
- Keep the platform scalable and lean; our future lies in integrating a wide array of systems and stakeholders into one simple and user-centric UI
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Go, Python or Objective C)
- Industry experience with the following: web applications, iOS / Android native applications, database administration, Unix/Linux systems, AWS or other cloud infrastructure, distributed or parallel systems, networking, machine learning and/or security software development
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
Compensation is negotiable and competitive with a generous options plan.Company DescriptionDistrict Technologies is a young startup based in London, which has already been recognised as one of the rising stars of smart cities / property tech. We provide Real Estate players with SaaS to upgrade their buildings to be ready for the smart city revolution. Our founding team has a strong track record in real estate, technology, and scaling digital products (Uber, WeWork, The Crown Estate, Interchange, BCG Digital Ventures).
Having successfully launched our MVP we are now looking to build a high performing engineering team to strengthen our core and expand the feature set to better connect people with the buildings and products & services they love around them. We are already generating revenue in month of the business and we’re continuing to grow by engaging the top Real Estate clients worldwide and delighting our users.
As we are a young start up and a small team, agility, scalability and strategic thinking are key. We expect our engineers to find the right tool to solve the job pragmatically and effectively. Our future product roadmap focuses on challenging hardware integrations, IoT, location-based services and a number of improvements to our core features. We want to hire the smartest people around, and we’re ready to reward them with generous stock and benefits, and with the opportunity to change the world around them.