Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer
£36000pa plus call out & Overtime
Techselect Limited are currently looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer for a company based in
Bedfordshire the client is looking for someone with drive and vision for continuous improvement within maintenance, forward thinking, someone with passion for what they do.
Looking for ideally an engineer with 50/50 Electrical and Mechanical or 60/40 split in both disciplines
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and service all production machinery, using a multi-skilled approach, in accordance with manufacturers OEMs
- Apply safe techniques of isolation using a LOTO Procedures
- Carry out installation and commissioning to electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Use fault finding technics on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Execute DPM/PPM systems.
- Carry out property / facility maintenance duties as required.
- Carry out routine statutory checks as required.
- Complete a breakdown/fault log daily.
- Liaise with the cell leaders daily providing engineering support.
- Liaise with contracted service providers when on site, sign on/off in line with the companies site visitor/permit to work procedures.
- Ensure TDI Monitoring system is operating correctly always.
- Monitor engineering stock usage, order spares as required to provide continuous production support.
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes.
- Adhere to all H&S procedures as advised by the company.
- Complete additional skills training as required by the company.
- To provide out of hours call-out service.
- Carry out such other duties as the management team may reasonably require.
- Contribute to smooth operation of production plant and site facilities.
- Technically competent.
- Electrical 17th Edition qualification desirable.
- Hands on approach
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical DPM/PPM procedures essential.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems an advantage.
- Conversant with electrical/ PLC control systems desirable.
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to prioritise workload and concisely record information.
- Honest and trustworthy
Hours of work
- 06:00 - 14.00
- 07:30 15.30 (flexible ie 7.00 - 15.00 or 08.00 - 16.00)
- 14:00 - 22.00 when on this rotation the person will be required to cover call outs overnight, i.e. 22.00 - 06.00 for which a premium is paid if they are called out
- Optional overtime at x1.5 weekdays and Saturday and x2 Sundays
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77547790