Assistant Garment Technologist
We are a multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products; with 80+ stores in the UK and ROI. We have a thriving e-commerce presence, and a growing international trade department. From humble beginnings, we now employ over 850 people in the UK.
The key to our success is down to our passion for people and our commitment to running an ethical and sustainable company. Couple this with our fantastic designs, innovative products, attention to detail and never ending pursuit of high standards means we have built a company that makes us proud.
We may have grown into a major retailer but we haven’t forgotten our roots for providing quality and value for money. The passion we have for engaging with our customer means we are a business that can be trusted. We have a non-hierarchical outlook, which means our management teams must spend time helping out when all hands are needed on deck. Our success is very much a team effort.What we expect from you:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Technologist to join the busy Technical team covering a wide remit of children's and baby clothing, accessories, plus multi-product areas such as plastics, toys and furniture.
You will ensure that our designs are executed to the highest quality and safety standards as well as to schedule.
This role would suit someone who thrives working within a fast paced environment, and with a diverse product range.
Responsibilities to comprise all areas of development and production, including:
- Preparing specification packs, fitting samples and ensuring the critical path is maintained.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure all specifications are understood and followed.
- Grading specifications for childrens and maternity wear.
- Measuring, fitting and commenting on fit samples in liaison with the designer and buyer.
- Approving fabrics and ensuring high quality detailing, trims and construction methods are used.
- Efficient ownership of relevant targets on the critical path.
- Sealing for production and checking shipment samples.
- Troubleshooting and ensuring resolution on quality or production concerns.
- Ensuring all labelling and testing is actioned and approved.
- Safegauarding that all items adhere to British Safety Standards, international compliance and labelling requirements.
What we look for in you:
You will be already have been working at Assistant Technologist level for at least 2 years with either a Retail or Supplier background, and have experience of developing clothing. Ideally you will also have experience in infants/childrenswear.
You will be an effective communicator who can work well as part of a team, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Key skills required:
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Qualified with an appropriate NVQ of higher along with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Comprehensively computer literate, with a good knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to effectively multi task and prioritise, be highly organised and work happily in a busy, whilst friendly atmosphere.
- Previous experience of working on the development of clothing items from design to shipment.
- Experience of working directly with foreign factories.
- Good understanding of high quality lifestyle brand standards balanced with commercial needs.
- Incremental holiday entitlement
- Generous profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- JoJo saving scheme
- Great social events
- Staff discount with up to 40% off RRP
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77551592