IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer - The internal job title for this role is ICT Support Professional
Salary: £25,824 to £27,258 plus 5% annual bonus (OTE)
About the company:
Canon (UK) Ltd is the UK marketing and sales operation for the global company - Canon Inc - based in Tokyo, Japan. In the UK and Ireland Canon currently employs around 2,050 people in various locations including the head office in Surrey, London, Birmingham, Livingston (Scotland) and Belfast.
Duties of the IT Support Engineer:
- Liaise with European Service Desk & Central ICT Support teams.
- Provide local support to NSO HQ and remote offices
- Resolution of incidents/changes registered with the European Service Desk system.
- Ensure a professional & customer oriented approach to all users and colleagues at all times.
- Perform operational tasks according or exceeding agreed SLA's.
- Maintain team/department/company standards, procedures and processes.
- Bring development and improvement ideas to colleagues and management.
Requirements of the IT Support Engineer:
- A basic understanding of current ICT platforms and development capability.
- Good understanding of the Canon groups, ICT Programs, systems, applications and associated infrastructure
- A good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling assignments / tasks
- Good understanding of Canon's business & user needs; company goals and objectives
- Displays the ability to work in a co-operative, pro-active and flexible way with customers & ICT colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Ability & willingness to learn new ideas and concepts and respond flexibly to challenges
- An understanding of ITIL
- Pan European mind set
- Business oriented mind set
- Basic understanding of network components & server architecture
- Good Communication skills.
- Good English written and verbal.
IT Support Engineer Benefits:
- Basic 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to up to 27 with long service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Cover for those in the pension scheme
- Free private healthcare for all employees (tax on benefit payable by employee)
- Long service awards
- Focus on learning and development and career progression
- Staff purchase scheme.
- You @ Work scheme - discounts with over 100 named brands and suppliers on their products and services
- Employee forum network
- Summer Hour Policy
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Company Maternity / Adoption / Paternity Policies
- eLearning online training courses available to all employees
- Variable pay scheme (bonus/commission).
If you meet the requirements and feel that this IT Support Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
Closing Date: 15th November 2017 ? Please apply as soon as possible!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497182