Senior/ Principle Engineer - Highways
Senior/ Principal Engineer|
Highways | Birmingham |
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Full Package
- Do you have experience as a Senior or Principal Engineer?
- Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
- Have you worked on major UK Civils Design Projects?
If so, we would really like to hear from you!
I have an opportunity for an experienced Senior/ Principal Engineer to join a reputable Highways Design consultancy based in Birmingham.
They are a successful consultancy based team who have won numerous awards for design winning projects, best practice in employment, training and development programmes. Whilst also winning the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
- Site inspections; including leading site work as part of the development for junior staff
- Promote improvement in standards of checking and compliance with BIM standards
- Technically supervise staff at lower levels
- Pre-Feasibility reports involving face to face client meetings
- Undertake the role of Project Engineer, when trained
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects under your control
- Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resources requirements for projects under your control
- Specify and/or manage site examination and investigation works in a safe and effective manner
- Identify and manage risks for the work under your control to agreed acceptable levels
- Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the regional offices and between Groups
- Develop the relationship between the company and new and existing clients in order to identify potential work
- Maintain client relationships through liaison on proposals and project work
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations and general legislation
- Provide support to the Quality Manager by participating in training, audits and providing feedback
- Minimum qualification of a BSc / HNC
- Desired membership ICE
- Good working knowledge of Microstation
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Leads efforts in order to determine best practices
- Proactively identifies and documents needs for changes to requirements
- 'Sells' innovative solutions within the company and to other stakeholders
- Manages changes and identifies risks, escalating to higher management
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Daniel on:
0161 835 8310
Alternatively email your CV to:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77548733