Senior Desktop Engineer (End User Technology SME)
Senior Desktop Engineer (End User Technology SME) - Financial Services
We are looking to recruit a Senior Desktop Engineer at Man Group in our London office.
The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for planning, architecture, implementation, scalability, Security, advanced support and overall day-to-day management of the Desktop environment.
The Senior Desktop engineer will also be responsible for reviewing and implementing policies, processes and procedures within their remit.
You will act as a technical authority across multiple technologies evaluating technical proposals and suggesting implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
The team is responsible for the design and ongoing management of the global Windows desktop estate, packaging all Windows 7 / 10 applications using APP-v and standard MSI packages and maintaining associated Infrastructure. They are also responsible for all design / architecture elements pertaining to the Desktop platform, such as McAfee and Lumension Device Control. The team also manage the Apple MAC estate.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide 3rd line support of desktops and laptops for a predominantly Windows-based environment with some Mac laptops (approx. 5%)
- Management of the Windows and Mac Desktop estate - Image creation / Deployment / Patching / Remediation and Upkeep
- Citrix Remote access design and implementation
- Group Policy design and implementation
- SCCM design and implementation
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure adherence to architectural and ITIL standards
- Develop innovative solutions for improving the user experience, security, and management of desktops and laptops
- Act as Desktop Subject matter expert to support strategic initiatives and tactical deployments
- Innovative with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to juggle multiple, potentially conflicting priorities in high-pressure situations
- Analytical, structured thinker and problem solver
- Strive for continuous improvement, proactive about root cause analysis and long-term viable solutions
We are looking for candidates with a combination of the below knowledge / technical experience:
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 / Current Branch
- VBScript / PowerShell / HTA
- VMWare ESX Server / vRealize Orchestrator
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, BitLocker, Endpoint Encryption etc.
- Windows 10, Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Windows Updates / SCUP / WSUS
- Advanced troubleshooting of the Windows desktop: - Deep Event Viewer analysis / PerfMon / WinDBG / SCCM log files.
- Security Patch remediation
- Microsoft SQL Server / Queries / Reporting
- Device Control / AntiVirus Solutions
- Microsoft Group Policy and Profile management
- Windows hardware drivers and how they are integrated into a Desktop Build.
Desirable Knowledge / Technical Experience:
- JAMF Casper Admin Suite
- Apple OSX
- C#, Perl, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- McAfee EPO, Symantec AV
- Applications Re-packaging
- Office 365
- Azure; AWS
- Desired Qualifications: MCSE, CCV-P
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77537340